road sign task





Last week we were given this task. I chose to do the WARNING sign for a near by nuclear power plant as i felt it would be a lot more interesting and complete different to anything i had done before. Before i started to come up with ideas i researched existing warning signs and many follow the same forms. The majority of warning signs all use a triangle and as you can see from the variety of warning signs below they all use the same colour code and very simple pictograms. 




For my design i wanted to adhere to these rules and keep with the triangle form, bright yellow and contacting black colour and also use clear/simple pictograms. 

I thought i was going to find this task quite challenging as it was something new but i feel i produced a good sign and i am confident in my design. 

below is my design for the warning sign to an upcoming nuclear power plant: 



Below is my sign placed in a realistic situation for where it may be used: 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Initial mood-board

further developed ideas